Skilled Wire Operatives
Responsive Personnel are currently looking for Skilled Wire Operatives in the Swindon area.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Independently assemble cables, harnesses, and other products on time and to the desired standard.
- Offer advice and support to less experienced colleagues and act as a ‘buddy’ to new starters in your team.
- Work in line with company standard operating procedures, demonstrate advanced skills in crimping, soldering, measuring materials and electronic assembly, and be fully competent in using data packs including; bill of materials, engineering specifications and technical drawings.
- Accurately record details of the assembly you are working on in an internal computer system and on paper documents.
- Provide suggestions and ideas to your Team Leader and Production Manager on ways to streamline production processes, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Keep your workspace and floor area clean and tidy and take care of assembly parts.
- Continuously develop your skills by completing online and classroom-based training and maintain your internationally recognised certification, IPC620.
- Complete our on-line safety training, take care of your own health and safety on site and contributing towards a safe working environment for your team members.
Key Skills and requirements:
- IPC620 certified
- Has significant experience in a similar organisation within our industry, and you can demonstrate your advanced assembly skills during a short trade test.
- Arrives on time ready for the start of your shift.
- Works well as part of a team and on your own.
- Will speak up if there is a problem offer ideas and help to others.
- Wants to learn and you are keen to develop your career with us.
- Company Pension Scheme with up to 7% employer contribution
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Medical Health Cash Back Benefit
- Company Share save Scheme
- Discounted Shopping, Gym and RAC schemes
- 195 hours Annual Leave plus Public Holidays
- A supportive and friendly working environment with a focus on wellbeing
Hours – To be confirmed.
Pay – £23,000 – £25,000
Location – Swindon
Terms – Permanent
Start date – ASAP