Responsive Personnel are recruiting for a Stock Controller for one of our Swindon based clients
The purpose of the job is to ensure that system and physical stock levels within the warehouse are in line for all products and slots within the warehouse and to deal with any customer queries, as directed by the Stock Control Team leader. Able to operate flexibly in a warehouse team working environment, complying to all hygiene, health & safety, quality, and performance standards set by the business, our customers and compliance obligations
Hours: 1000 – 1830
Location: West Swindon
- Review of system generated reports including book to book activities to ensure physical and actual stock levels remain synchronised so that integrity of stock counts is maintained.
- To achieve the daily/weekly PI counting schedule as determined by both customer & operational requirements.
- Review of ‘short’ levels on daily basis to identify trends and act accordingly to address so that availability is maximised.
- Liaise with operational management to all aspects of inventory control including stock holding and short life products so that appropriate decisions can be made.
- To monitor and check available slots in order to maximise slot utilisation.
- To control the stock returned to the depot process and associated procedures in a timely and efficient manner, incorporating customer requirements
- To organise and monitor stock building and damage reporting, inclusive of hold and release activity.
- To help implement continuous improvement and process change within the operation
Key Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Experience of working in stock/inventory role
- Can demonstrate knowledge of warehouse stock systems and processes. (Preference JDA )
- Good communication skills. Ability to communicate any issues and concerns at all levels.
- Good attention to detail and understanding the meaning of data.
- Strong team player and aware of individual impact and contribution to the business.
- Works well under pressure in a fast moving and demanding retail environment.
- Aware of impact of role on our customers.
- Be flexible for periodical stock counts in line with customer and business needs.
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to work under own initiative with limited supervision.
Credentials Qualifications or Experience
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, as well as other Microsoft 365 packages.
- Stock Control experience.
- Willing to attend training.
- Working on own initiative as well as part of a team.
Please apply with an update CV or contact Kimberley at Responsive Personnel.