Market Stall Holder – £12ph
To collect, load and transport the market stall and goods for sale at any given event. Be the face of our client and represent the company in a positive, professional and customer friendly manner. Control stock and be accountable for cash.
- Clean Driver’s license, Ability to drive small vans, experience preferred. Minimum age 21 years for insurance purposes
- Able to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the business, excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Integrity and able to reconcile stock, cash etc.
- Committed, disciplined and hardworking, flexible
- High standard of personal hygiene, physically fit to set up stalls etc.
Collection and Transportation
- To arrive on site in good time to allow for loading and transportation to the market/event as agreed with your line manager/supervisor
- Checking the integrity of the van before use, using the fault reporting procedure as required
- To be dressed in appropriate clothing for both selling to the public and also the safety PPE provided when transporting – e.g., High Viz Jacket.
- Counting the stock out of production and into the vehicle to ensure that the order is made in full, accounting for, and questioning any overs/unders, questioning any obvious quality issues that you may see or notice/experience later in the day
- Monitoring the Market Checklists to make sure you have everything required for your destination
- Transport the goods, driving with due care and attention, upholding the Highway Code and taking every care to make sure the goods are in good condition on arrival.
- Setting up the Market stall as required by your destination Market/Event
At the Market/Event
- Represent our clients brand in a positive light at all times and liaise with onsite team/organisers in a professional manner
- Set up the stall according to the agreed set up with your line manager/supervisor, taking into account site specific requirements
- To ensure that the stall is fully stocked and that you are ready for the agreed opening time
- To sell and market the products to the public/event attendees, upsell and promote the goods
Returning To Site
- Packing up the stall and all goods in a safe manner
- Taking responsibility for the safe loading of any leftover stock and cash
- Clearing up any mess made in line with the market/events requirements so that we leave a professional impression on our departure
- Returning to site in the same safe manner as the delivery
- On arrival at depot, unloading the vehicle, accounting for any stock left and cash
- Returning floats to the safe and leaving all paperwork complete and legible
- If site is closed on return, use keys allocated to unlock and lock the site in line with Opening and Closing Procedures (separate training provided)
- Follow all Health and Safety Regulations and training given.
- Ensure that all equipment is used in a safe and responsible manner, taking care not to damage company property
- Follow chemical safe use guidelines (COSHH)
- Maintain the food hygiene standards and procedures
- Carry out any other duties as deemed reasonable by any member of the Management Team
- Clock in and out on site for pay and time keeping monitoring purposes and for fire safety