Experienced Baker – 23k
This is a hands-on role, making fresh dough, frying and finishing doughnuts and packing the orders. The role will include weekends and shift rotation, which could include nights.
To assist in the efficient running of the Bakery and, subject to rota requirements, be the senior person on site at times. As required, To manage all aspects of either Day or Night Shift Production, including Efficiency, Quality Control and to ensure that all production is completed and packed in time for despatch. Support the Senior Baker in Staff Training and New Product Development.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a busy bakery team with a strong focus on dough production and attention to detail and be able to lead and motivate the team to consistently deliver the best products possible.
To lead by example with a passion for the product and inspire the team.
To train and develop the team to ensure that all aspects of the bakery’s production is to the expected high standards, from making the dough, through to the finished product.
Ensure that all toppings and fillings are made fresh on site from the best ingredients and to the required specifications
To promote GMP and Health and Safety and to ensure all procedures are adhered to.
To control stock, portion control and wastage
To plan own workload and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Continually seeks ways to improve cost efficiencies and savings
- Completing regular checks including weights, quality etc
- Ensure that segregated areas are maintained, e.g. nuts and other allergens
- Actively works to continuously improve quality standards
- Continually seeks ways to improve cost efficiencies and savings.
- Maintains clear and open communication with colleagues and gets the best out of the team
- Resolves conflicts and does not hide from tough issues
- Respects and uses the experience and knowledge of the team in the solving of production issues and in continuous improvement projects
- Carries out any other duties as deemed reasonable by any member of the Senior Team
- Health and Safety:
- Promoting a robust Health and safety culture within the organisation.
- Assisting and contributing to Risk Assessments as required and training of the resultant SSOW.
- A natural passion for excellence and quality
- A can-do attitude, committed, disciplined, reliable and well organised.
- Able to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the business.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Speed, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Problem solving skills.